RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just topping off my coolant when i noticed a part was loose next to the resevoir. A bolt is broke on the part pictured making it move around. I am think it has somthing to do with the HVAC? I am pointing to the bolt with my finger. It looks like some sort of rubber bolt/hangar? I would like to order a new one before the part falls off & gets coaught on somthing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
I drive a diesel and we dont have secondary air injection on our UK V8 engines. It just looks like that what it could be. Its going to need a fellow American to chime in and confirm it `)

Bobbins are used in a multitude of places, it may be worth a trip to your local auto parts store before ordering a "genuine" one.

·
Registered
139 Posts
it is the bolt for the SAI pump. Ok I'm cheap, but when mine broke (and I found my SAI pump laying in the engine bay), I just went to the local hardware store and bought straight bolts for it. RAVE indicated the bolts had the rubber middle to prevent noise from entering the cabin when it worked. But I can tell you with the straight bolts with no rubber, still very quiet.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
mark jeansonne said:
it is the bolt for the SAI pump. Ok I'm cheap, but when mine broke (and I found my SAI pump laying in the engine bay), I just went to the local hardware store and bought straight bolts for it. RAVE indicated the bolts had the rubber middle to prevent noise from entering the cabin when it worked. But I can tell you with the straight bolts with no rubber, still very quiet.

I did the same. No difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts