RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swithced on the ignition the other day and my OBD screen didn't look quite right, there was no Land Rover logo and all the font had slightly changed?

From the menu there is now no option for on or off road sat nav?

I still have the mk3 cd unit and light is on, the unit powers up fine and ejects the cd ok?

Searched the forum but couldn't find this same problem?

Questions:

- Why would the font change (different style/width of letters) - does this happen if the nav unit is broken?:think:
- What would stop the Sat Nav options being displayed? :think:

HELP????

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
CyberMrT said:
Swithced on the ignition the other day and my OBD screen didn't look quite right, there was no Land Rover logo and all the font had slightly changed?

From the menu there is now no option for on or off road sat nav?

I still have the mk3 cd unit and light is on, the unit powers up fine and ejects the cd ok?

Searched the forum but couldn't find this same problem?

Questions:

- Why would the font change (different style/width of letters) - does this happen if the nav unit is broken?:think:
- What would stop the Sat Nav options being displayed? :think:

HELP????
I had part of this some time ago when I owned a 2002. For a day or so the CD kept ejecting itself and then the Sat Nav showed no On or Off Road Nav options just blanked out. Take out the CD then Clean the CD then leave the car off for 10 minutes then put the CD back in. Should be OK then. Worth feeling behind and checking all the plugs are fully home as well. Otherwise you may have a faulty battery.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gave the cd a clean yesterday but no joy, I'll put a cd cleaning disc in to see if that helps?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery all checked out ok, put a disc cleaner in the drive and made sure disc is clean but no joy.

Have have found about 4 wire ends though that don't seem to attach to anything is this normal?

One looks like the end of an aerial cable, 2 I worked out are the same cable (both ends) so not sure what this is for and the other one looks like a mini aerial that goes up the D/E pillar (the one and the very back) any ideas? I'll take a photo? :think:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had this earlier in the week... and posted here about it!

Try putitng the battery on charge for a good 24 hours. I know you said its fine but I've just replaced my clapped out one for a new one the needed to be charged,,, it would start the car fine but until charged fully the electrics will throw all sorts of problems.

I'm only repeating this as your car is a similar age to mine.

·
Registered
349 Posts
right. "Battery is fine" is subjective.

This is a common issue since the entertainment computer bus system works off voltage. It must be 12.25 or higher, with the ignition off after having the high beams on for 5 minutes, to avoid strange things.

the car can still start with less than 12.25V

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These are the wires that are currently not connected - any ideas? :think:
[attachment=1:1hp5k1ce]14122009407-2.jpg[/attachment:1hp5k1ce]
[attachment=0:1hp5k1ce]14122009408-2.jpg[/attachment:1hp5k1ce]

Attachments

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
87 Posts
I think all four of those cables relate to "phone pre-wiring" - they have nothing to do with the Nav?

Are you using a genuine Nav CD or a "backup"? The units can be a bit fussy with backups although this seems to be more of a problem with mark 4's

Andy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is a genuine LR disc but says Italy on the top - is this normal? It was working fine before?

I have will try a friend's disc later this week, and maybe swap his nav unit for mine to see if it is the unit?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tried a disc and the sat nav unit but no joy.

However i did discover that one of the cables that wasn't plugged into anything is suppossed to be plugged into the "XUO000010 AMPLIFIER ASSY - REAR WINDOW AERIAL".

Would this stop the sat nav working as the connector has broken so I need to get it fixed. :think:

The cable in the middle has come loose:

[attachment=2:10l749zz]17122009413-2.jpg[/attachment:10l749zz]
[attachment=1:10l749zz]17122009415-2.jpg[/attachment:10l749zz]

This is my wierd display - small font etc...

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
I had this as well (a long time ago )

I had to restart the car and it worked all

So i take it you have power at the unit, otherwize you aren't able to eject the the disc

Undo the unit and check the connection at the back that they are all dry, and not corroded, as these units tent to leak at the back window, check that everything is dry

If this is all ok i think i have to agree with the others that your unit has died,

Hi Ajay ... still arround

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's fixed - well for the time being maybe?

Car was parked and I pulled away quickly and the display changed back to normal and both sat nav options are now available (as if i'd jolted something)?

I'm guessing a loose wire somewhere I cant reach or something dodgy in the various units etc that make up this system.

I just hope it continues to work!

Still not sure why the font/colours etc changes if the sat nav system doesn't work? :think:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Your sat nav drive is the fault. Since you have the TV function the TV is taking over since the sat nav is having issues. If it fails and does not come back you can replace with the mkiii or mkiv

1 - 16 of 16 Posts