RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Range Rover 4.4L HSE w/ ZF 6HP26 transmission...

I dropped the Mechatronic unit in the tranny to replace the shift solenoids, jump tubes and bridge seal, put it back to together and the engine won’t do anything when I turn the key.

I triple checked the electrical plug and am confident it’s connected properly (have done it before).

The only question I had putting the Mechtronic unit back in was whether the the shift rod lever on the left side goes in front of the slider unit in the plastic ECU housing or behind it or even attaches to it.

Sorry I don’t have a pic of it, I’ll post one tomorrow when I drop the pan.

The shifter in the vehicle moves normally and I moved it in and out of Park to make sure it was seated properly.

My only guess is that the shift lever in the tranny is not in the correct position relative to the Mechatronic unit.

Apologies for the long winded post.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,310 Posts
Both the pin on the detent disc (rooster comb) and the circular protruding boss on the inhibitor (gear position) switch slider fit in the groove between the two discs on the end of the manual valve

Phil

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Mark and Phil for the help, you’ve made it perfectly clear what I did wrong - I did not put both the rooster comb and the boss on the inhibitor between the two discs on the end of the manual valve.

I thought it odd that shift lever had this protruding pin in the “rooster comb” that wasn’t connected to anything, but I failed to take note before I dropped the Mechatronic unit.

Thanks again gentlemen, you are a true asset to this great forum.

·
Registered
2008 Range Rover L322 HSE
205 Posts
I did the same thing changing out my solenoids, wouldn’t start and a dash full of lights and sounds. Pulled pan after Mark posted some pics and figured it out as soon as I saw the pictures. Fixed it and haven’t had an issue since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts