RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day while driving my 2010 HSE, my yellow "break" indicator showed up on the dash and then my 3/4 full gas tank level went straight to the bottom and "0 miles until empty" showed up. i went to the gas station and it only let me put in a little gas because it was already full. The gas is not registering.
Took it to the dealership where my service guy always hands me a bunch of bullshit...and he said, "They dont know why but we've seen this on one other car. we have a guy from Land Rover coming tomorrow (today), i'll let you know".

has anyone run into this? I expect some software glitches, thats fine... obviously I'm no expert but should just rebooting the hard drive on the car or something reset the display panel and get it back up and running? I'm driving 4 hours up to NJ tomorrow and dont want to be guessing when i'm going to run out of gas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turns out one of the pins that connects the fiber optics that monitors the parking break and gas tank, came undone somehow. they simply plugged it in and it all came back! WHEW! :dance:

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Nice. NJ here you come.

Try to leave NJ in the same state of disrepair that you found it. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That shouldn't be too difficult. Anything else is like trying to polish a turd.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HA!! :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
very similar story here. Filled up with gas, drove less than a mile, watched my fuel gauge go from 1 to 0 and my -Miles to empty- display go to '--'
It's the second time it's happened , thanks for the update as I can advise my dealer on the next service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts