RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Re: HELP - needs to retrofit Active rear diff on my RR SC 2013.

Good luck with that... The electronic locking differential on these vehicles is so tightly integrated with the rest of the drivetrain and electronics, it would defnitely be a challenge to add one after the car is spec'd and built. I personally only know of a couple of owners who successfully retrofitted one on their older LR3s, and that was a major undertaking requiring lots of diagnostic sessions and proprietary electronic modules and wiring harnesses, in addition to the "obvious" locking differential parts. They did it after their factory warranty was up with the help of specialized indy shops - no dealer would touch such a project.

PS: The link talks about the 2014 Range Rover Sport.

·
Registered
306 Posts

Does the L405 come with torque vectoring?

·
Registered
133 Posts

The L405 does not at this stage have the torque vectoring of the Sport model. They have mentioned this might be added for the MY 2015 model year, but not as yet available.

·
Registered
306 Posts

The L405 does not at this stage have the torque vectoring of the Sport model. They have mentioned this might be added for the MY 2015 model year, but not as yet available.
Thank you.

·
Banned
901 Posts

I believe it does have an optional rear locker. They just made it standard on the Autobio and optional on the SC.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts

it used to be an option on both the HSE (in the L322 years) and the SC (up until this year). This option is gone since the original 2014 models. In 2013 you could get it but it was mutually exclusive with park assist (go figure).
I don't see any sign of it being available again, although you might be right of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts