RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Ive been having no ending problems with my 4.4 2003 range. I'm looking for advice. Three months back the car started playing up, changing gear at high rpm and then only changing up when off the gas. I took it to my local mechanic where he found the radiator to be leaking. Thus blocking the cooler, higher oil temp etc. So I changed the radiator, trans cooler, changed the transmission oil and filter. The car ran better for a time, until the same things came back. I took the car back to another garage where he found that the catalytic convertor was blocked on the left side. I then replaced the convertor etc. However, since then when the cars cold its slips from 1st to 2nd, after 10 minutes everything is fine. Ran a diagnostics there were no faults listed. Any ideas with what this can be?

Help would be hugely appreciated.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Have you had your battery & charging system checked?

I know it's a long shot, but not quite as long as it sounds. If the power to the various control modules/units gets low, things get pretty strange.
Otherwise, it could just be getting old enough to have a few things wearing out (other than th battery/alternator).

When you changed your transmission fluid & filter, did you check the magnets & notice any large amount of metal residue?

Best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts