RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, just had the head gasket done after i thought i had a cracked manifold turned out to head gasket. Now i am getting a lot of smoke (think its blue colour cannot be sure) from standing under accelleration, also the top hose is flat in the morning thought this was because it was lacking coolant but topped it up drive for a while stop and then it chucks it out the expansion overfill not all the time just sometimes. No overheating, runs well no loss of power actually better than before the heads were done.
Has anybody got any ideas.funds are quite low and don't want a trip back to garage.
cheers
Onetime

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
New pressure car on coolant bottle...you mentioned pipe is flat, as in sucked in cos of vacuum..

Hope they installed valve stem seals on all valves, if not this could be your answer for the smoke .....or...

do you know if rocker/tappet covers were stripped and cleaned, on the right bank (sitting in car) there is a pipe that goes to intake from cover, inside should be a plastic oil seperator, if missing this too can cause smoke

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi not sure what you mean by first statement "new pressure car" put new expansion tank on just to be sure when i got it back, and it flat as in sucked in. I know for a fact the oil separator is not in it had to check all area for an oil leak a while ago, is it worth replacing? The truck is running well but in the morning when i start and been running on lpg (single point system) because of the low water it is cuasing problems until it has been run for a mile or 2.
cheers
Onetime

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
I am pretty sure he meant the CAP that goes on the header tank :thumb:

Martin

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi ALL the rig overheated tonight, stopped open the bonnet to have a look at the coolant cap was hissing with steam comming out, usually when it over heats in chucks the water out of the drain pipe, is the cap gone should i replace? Refilled when cold and went for a drive about 6 miles and no overheat opened up to inspect the cap and it was hissing any ideas?
cheers
Onetime.

·
Registered
448 Posts
replace the cap is a good start also check the pipe from the rad to the tank the one that runs round the battery box this can block up when the head is re dun
Tony

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Just an update, got a cap from rimmers today, all seams well for now, thanks for all the help.
onetime

1 - 7 of 7 Posts