RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 A few weeks ago, I put new air springs under my range rover.
2 After a few kilometers driving, one of the bellows popped: it loosened itself from the seat. As I was driving to the dealer to clear a fault from the computer, they kindly put the below back where it belonged.

After that incident and the replacing of the air springs, I suspected another fault: The car was dancing (slowly)up and down while I was driving. It felt as if the front was going up and down while standing still and under driving conditions.

So I decided to replace the seals in the valve block.

I purchased rubber rings to refurbish the valve block from rover-renovations, and chanced all the rubber rings. (I think….)

After I was ready and installed the block back in my car, I waited for about 10 minutes with the engine running to let the compressor build up the pressure. When I felt air in the bellows, I took the car from the stands I put it on, and the car was very low in the left front spring. It was sitting on the bump stop. The back on the left was not as high as the right side, and seemed not so “responsive”
The right hand side was high and responding to up and down commando’s given with the button in the car.

I was not sure if I put the 3 valves of the end block back in the right way. Could a fault with one of those valves cause my problems?
What did i do wrong?
Any help is welcome.
Coen Caminada

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
putting the solenoids in the wrong spots can cause this issue, the valves are the same for the 4 springs, inlet and outlet are different.

Use the pigtails override trick to see which corner goes up when it should/shouldn't and sort out the right spots from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After I got your reply I decided to take the EAS valve Block out of the car.
I first checked visually every valve I thought was suspect, but I found nothing wrong.
Then I decided to check if every valve was doing its job. Using a 12 volt supply, I triggerd every valve(sollenoid) at the connector, (the solenoids use 3 amp to work) and everything worked.
I put the block in the car, and used the pigtail method to see what was happening.
I had switched the bottom two solenoids. After putting them back where they belonged, the suspension seems to be working!
Now I hope the dancing problem is also gone…..
Thanx!
Coen

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,443 Posts
coenie said:
I had switched the bottom two solenoids. After putting them back where they belonged, the suspension seems to be working!
I did the same. The marks I'd put on them had rubbed off. :oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts