RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone , I hope your all doing well .

Im planning on ordering a Range Rover Sport 2011 straight from the UK Factory . I have read their website and I realized they have special offers for diplomats .
I kept reading and I found out that I qualify for their diplomatic program.

Can someone please tell me what I benefit from this diplomatic program .

Do I get a certain percentage cut off from the price of the car ( such as Benz and BMW , which is 15% )

I really need your assistance , thank you.

And Also , Is the RRS 2011 out and for how long has it been out . Is their any difference in the exterior or interior or is their any new colors ?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,468 Posts
Diplomatic purchases can amount to as much as 35% off MSRP...

I'm sure that the program has details on colors etc.

Have not seen any 2011's out yet, only 2010's.

Post pics of the factory pick up when you get there!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for your insightful reply ...

But Im having a very tough time picking the exterior color , Although ive made my mind up that i want TAN interior .

But I havent decided between santorini black , rimini red , bali blue , or white .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im really hoping for my RRS to be up to my standards , because my previous cars is : 2009 G55 Amg , 2008 S600 amg , 2009 bmw 740li , 2009 bmw 740i , 2009 bmw x5 .. and Im expecting RRS to be up there with the best .

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
CEORangerover said:
Im really hoping for my RRS to be up to my standards , because my previous cars is : 2009 G55 Amg , 2008 S600 amg , 2009 bmw 740li , 2009 bmw 740i , 2009 bmw x5 .. and Im expecting RRS to be up there with the best .
Yes, a man (or perhaps you are a lady?) of discerning tastes such as yours will be well pleased. The Range Rover is by appointment to her majesty the queen of England. I'm not sure if you partake in the shooting sports, but perhaps a bespoke Holland and Holland full size might be more to your liking? I've attached the link for your perusal,

http://www.worldcarfans.com/109092421983/overfinch-reveals-holland--holland-range-rover

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive seen the over finch range rover and Im not too fond of it .

Im only gonna but this range rover sport for a couple of months then sell it anyways .

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
CEORangerover said:

Im only gonna but this range rover sport for a couple of months then sell it anyways .
I understand.

I posted the link because what I fairly like about it, is the ability for one (and one's mates of course)to enjoy the shooting sports, then come back to the luxury and refinement of such a vehicle to enjoy "shots" of a different kind. Did you happen to catch the continuously replenishing bar that's included?

I don't want to seem presumptuous, but may I ask what sort of diplomat you are? Its a pleasure to have you on the board, btw.

·
Registered
543 Posts
CEO.

Welcome to this Range Rover forum and hope any of us can be of some assistance in your purchase of the new to be released 2011 RRS product from Land Rover !
There are current murmurs on overseas sources that the only specific upgrades to this 2011 model from this years version will be the fitment of a 4.4 ltr TTD V8.
This specific power-train setup with turbo diesel power will be the first inclusion of a new 8 speed ZF automatic, but petrol powered trucks will remain 6 speeds ?

With four exterior palette choices you suggested, this depends on the location where you may live and even though I also agree with your preference of the Tan interior leather, the best outside colour is Stornaway Grey for HSE models or Black for Supercharged versions. My personal favourite is Rimini Red by the way.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gooseyloosey said:
CEORangerover said:

I understand.

I posted the link because what I fairly like about it, is the ability for one (and one's mates of course)to enjoy the shooting sports, then come back to the luxury and refinement of such a vehicle to enjoy "shots" of a different kind. Did you happen to catch the continuously replenishing bar that's included?

I don't want to seem presumptuous, but may I ask what sort of diplomat you are? Its a pleasure to have you on the board, btw.

Yes, Ive seen an episode of Top gear I believe were they talk about the overfinch .

Thank you very much for your hospitality and Im a retired Ambassador .

Ive never dealt with range rover so i need your help in certain aspects.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
CEORangerover said:
Ive never dealt with range rover so i need your help in certain aspects.
This is the best board for that. Although if you're only owning it for 4 months you may not want to make too many modifications.

If I may ask another question, what country were you an ambassador for?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put my deposit down on a 2011 RRS LUX. Still waiting on a delivery date. Have you heard of any possible delivery date?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
CEORangerover said:

Your Honor, I believe you will enjoy the ownership of your Land Rover immensely, however keep in mind that some of the brands you previously experienced manufacture purely street automobiles.
You'll find the Land Rover product to lack some their refinement and fore-thought in exchange for a true multi-terrain ability.
I currently own two MB both AMG and I can tell you that I love my RRS, it's different and refined in a very british fashion and I love owning it.

Indulge!.

Rafa

P.S. can we all stop talking as if his Honor is wearing a powdered wig. :lol:

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
CEORangerover said:

But Im having a very tough time picking the exterior color , Although ive made my mind up that i want TAN interior .

But I havent decided between santorini black , rimini red , bali blue , or white .

So pretty much you've narrowed it down to one color, Santorini Black.

Skip the white, A.K.A. Born Again. Detour from rimini red. Bali blue.... nahhh, unless your post diplomatic duties involve attending raves (wild parties where consumption of disinhibiting drugs is normaux).

Actually your narrowed list of colors is pretty "tight", as in "good". But one can seldom compete with a black or Storno RRS, as regal as it gets.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
CEORangerover said:
I was originally based in paris,France , but my mission was changed to Madrid,Spain 2 years ago .
I see. One thing you may want to consider for a person of your standing is an armoring option. There are 3 levels and I am not sure what would be most applicable for your situation there (I used to keep up with these sorts of things, but I'm not sure what sort of munitions the Basque separatists are using these days :think: ) I have attached a link below of a company in Texas, USA that does that kind of work. If you go over to the gallery section you will see they have experience with the RRS (the -06-09 version).

http://www.texasarmoring.com/armoring_levels.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rafa said:
CEORangerover said:

So pretty much you've narrowed it down to one color, Santorini Black.

Skip the white, A.K.A. Born Again. Detour from rimini red. Bali blue.... nahhh, unless your post diplomatic duties involve attending raves (wild parties where consumption of disinhibiting drugs is normaux).

Actually your narrowed list of colors is pretty "tight", as in "good". But one can seldom compete with a black or Storno RRS, as regal as it gets.

I really don't think I'm getting santorini black , and the car is for my own personal use . It has absolutely nothing to do with my position .

You see all my previous cars have been either black or white , I want to change that and get something unique and sporty .

I want the bali blue , but I dont think it comes with a tan interior , so I choose Rimini red . I think ....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gooseyloosey said:
CEORangerover said:
I was originally based in paris,France , but my mission was changed to Madrid,Spain 2 years ago .
I see. One thing you may want to consider for a person of your standing is an armoring option. There are 3 levels and I am not sure what would be most applicable for your situation there (I used to keep up with these sorts of things, but I'm not sure what sort of munitions the Basque separatists are using these days :think: ) I have attached a link below of a company in Texas, USA that does that kind of work. If you go over to the gallery section you will see they have experience with the RRS (the -06-09 version).

http://www.texasarmoring.com/armoring_levels.html

I believe range rover offer bulletproof vehicle or something like that ... ( correct me if Im wrong )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I never thought Im gonna have such a hard time choosing a RRS S\C color .

I need some more of your help.

Does anyone know if there will be new colors out for the 2011 model ?

·
Registered
543 Posts
CEO.

It's a hard life when the single item remaining to tick off the checklist is the choice of exterior colour you want and the matching interior presentation to suit ?

Hope my off-the-line responses has been helpful as Rimini Red is my personal favourite with Tan interior, but at the end of the day, whatever floats your boat !

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

P.S. By the way, 40th Anniversary revelations of the original Range Rover is scheduled for 17 June this month, so additional full deco's mate shall be revealed.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
CEORangerover said:
I believe range rover offer bulletproof vehicle or something like that ... ( correct me if Im wrong )
I believe you are correct. I only included the link so you could see the range of possibilities. I think you could probably go with the 2nd level protection on the vehicle, since to protect against armor piercing (AP) ammunition might be very expensive and also make the car quite a bit heavier than it is already. As they say in the adult film business, you can't protect against everything. Also some AP rounds may contain depleted uranium cores, which even if stopped, may exhibit some residual toxicity and may render the vehicle unsaleable anyway (I assume you will still be selling it after the 4 months is up.)

With regard to your color dilemma, might I offer another suggestion? How about doing a two-tone treatment of your favorite colors? See picture.

http://cars.travelpt.com/england/2006-Project-Kahn-Range-Rover-Sport-Pace-Car-FA-Top-1280x960.jpg

I'm not sure about new colors for 2011. My guess is they may offer color variants of a few of the existing colors but keep the same general palette.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts