RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what the best option is, it is stuck in what may be 4 high (right side of shift column), even when I move it back over it will not disengage. Not as easy as removing a fuse I imagine, I already know wbout the small motor on the transfer case, I guess I can manual switch that to disengage?

Thank you

·
Registered
931 Posts
Do you get any message centre messages when you try to select low range?.Do any of the lights flash or change (near shift lever) when you attempt this.Still I guess it is better to be stuck in high range than low range.
You may have a change over motor issue or the ECU may also be u/s.Some of the earlier ones were prone to failure.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was having similar problems with mine. I changed out the transfer ecu and the shift motor. Then swapped out the XYZ switch,...still no low-range. Finally figured out what it was,....there was a pin loose in the connection for the ECU. Moral of the story: check the simple stuff first. Haha, but if its not that,...I know where you can get a good deal on a shift motor, ecu, and XYZ switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts