RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I am looking for a replacement part and my dealership is not open today, so I can' just go in and ask. Finding a replacement part is time sensitive since i will need it for an install that I am performing later this week. I don't have a picture, but I think I can describe it pretty well. The part I am looking for is the gray plastic piece that is right above the key port and the shift knob (in the 06 HSE). It is only about 3/4 of an inch and goes across the area right below the analog clock and height adjustment. Anyone know where I can get just this piece? I really hope I don't have to buy an entire set of peices. Ideally I would like to order it online but looking I couldn't find one in any of the rover parts stores (or anywhere online). Perhaps if someone could help me get a part number it would be easier.
Thanks

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,341 Posts
If it's the part that I've highlighted in green below that you're referring to then I'm afraid that Microcat identifies it as being part of the switch assembly.

There's also a photo below of a switch assembly off eBay where, again, you can see it appears to be all part of the same moulding.

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So any idea how much this is going to cost me? Is there anywhere I can get it online? My dealership tends to charge enormous amounts of money for things like this and i just want to double check there price.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cost is $324. I really wish that this wasn't the part I had to replace. **** that is expensive when all I need is a small strip of plastic. I had the part number from the service department but I can't read my own writing and they aren't picking up there phone now. the part number starts: YUL5007.....

Any other place I can get this part for less?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that's it. Except as you said I don't need that cut out. I will print it out and bring it to my parts department; hopefully they can find something.

Thanks for the help with this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts