RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for a black 2010 Range Rover Supercharged to purchase, but I really want one that has all the options... so far I've only found a couple, and they're missing various options.

If anyone knows of one so equipped (or very closely equipped) at their local dealer, please let me know!

Thanks,
Dave

Range Rover Supercharged
Santorini Black
Jet Seats
Jet Carpet
Grand Black Lacquer Wood
Surround Camera System
Climate Package
Half-Wood Steering Wheel
Rear Entertainment
20-inch Polished Wheels - Nice, but Can live without
Adaptive Cruise
Jet Headliner
HD Radio 350 - Can live without as long as it still includes satellite radio & iPod integration
1200W Audio Upgrade
Total: 106025

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Your local dealer should be able to do a search and tell you exactly what is in each dealers inventory. At least the Seattl enad Tacoma dealer can.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rrtoadhall said:
Your local dealer should be able to do a search and tell you exactly what is in each dealers inventory. At least the Seattl enad Tacoma dealer can.
Sure, they can, but they won't. They'll tell you they will, but unless its a dealer that they know they can do a dealer trade with, they won't tell you about it. I've been through that a number of times.

No Seattle dealer is going to tell you that the Bay Area Land Rover has the exact vehicle you're looking for.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
davepl said:
rrtoadhall said:
No Seattle dealer is going to tell you that the Bay Area Land Rover has the exact vehicle you're looking for.
:think: In the past three weeks I have taken two folks to the dealer to pick their new rigs up. One came in from Denver and the other from PDX. So yes, the Seattle and Tacoma dealers do offer this service for their customers. :roll:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I checked with Land Rover Bellevue who I believe is in the same AutoCenterNorthwest franchise, and they said there's nothing out there. Then I stumbled across a few that were close by searching manually.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
127 Posts
We are also in the market for a new 2010 Supercharged to replace our current lease. Our Bay Area dealership told us that there is very little inventory out there. We placed a deposit on the one supercharged vehicle they had coming in mid-Jan, just to have the option of jumping on it when it arrives.

D

·
0 Posts
When purchasing our new Rover, the Land Rover guy told us that the market for Range Rovers is going to be getting tighter. He also said that we should not see pricing to drop much soon. I kinda laughed and took my key and drove off.

It was very hard finding the Rover I wanted with the right options! Try finding a Rover with LUX and the rear locking diff that is not a Super Charged! (good luck) :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm happy to say that someone had pre-ordered a black/black Autobiography w/all options some nine months ago but didn't return the phone calls when the car arrived, so I'm its proud new owner.

Quite an improvement over my 2006, I must say. Have to give it to the Indians (TATA), they certainly didn't economize it (nor, at $125K, would you expect it!).

Everything is superlative; if I were to make four improvements, they would be:

- Auto close door feature (ala S-class, my S8, and so on)
- Remote entry. This is a big one... very odd they didn't do it, since it has keyless start anyway
- Ride control (sport/tour setting)
- Make better use of the center section of the glass cockpit. Give me boost/oil pressure/etc in that area when its not in use.

I wonder where the ECU that controls the dash lives? I have my IDA-PRO disassembler ready to go if I could get at the code :)

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd been a couple of years since I traded off the 2006, so its hard to compare directly, but I think the ride is distinctly better; its a much softer, smoother ride than what I recall. I have a Z06, M3, and S8 that might be tainting my memory, but I think the 2006 was a fair bit firmer.

Either way, I think the ride is excellent. Like an old Cadillac on smooth road, yet still competent in the corners (for a 6000lb SUV).

- Dave

·
Registered
952 Posts
The center screen on the TFT dash has been horribly crippled for NA unfortunately. It's capable of displaying audio information like track artist etc. but due to the plague of lawyers infliciting America it's a no go here.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
According to the "2010 Land Rover Visual Nav Tech Information" document from Land Rover, the NAV screen (not the center stack that I was originall talking about) uses a dual direction view technology; there is a parallax boundary that allows different views to be seen depending on the angle. In the example, it shows the driver seeing the NAV map while the front seat passenger watches a movie.

I quote: "For example, while the driver is looking at the navigation screen, the passenger can view the DVD screen.
The sound for video viewed on the passenger-side is emitted from the speakers. Navigation voice is outputted
by overlapping the sound for the passenger-side video."

I've certainly never been able to get mine into a mode like that. I don't know if it was dropped before production or why the docs describe it, but it'd be cool if it worked.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wonder if the hardware (parallax mask) is actually there and its just disabled for the US market, or like front seat video in the 2006, it's not even there...

- Dave

·
SUPER MODERATOR
979 Posts
It looks to be an option in the UK, so I don't know if they would include it with every screen and just leave it turned off. I guess it depends how much of it is software vs. hardware.

The recently updated LR UK site actually has a little disclaimer for it: This feature is currently unavailable in NAS markets.

They must get a lot of questions from US customers to actually put something like that on the UK site.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts