Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I need to fix my HEVAC screen. I've read several post and guides as of how to fix dead pixels on the screen, but i don´t know if this will work for me. As you can see con the picture, my screen is not missing pixels but rather it's like a burnt effect. Anyone know if the changing the ribbon connector and cleaning the contacts will work just fine? Or do i need to change something else? Any help is appreciated!
Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Registered
804 Posts
Has it had the wrong bulb in there ? Or full of debris & dust ? I can still see the edges of the temperature display either side of the blob, so maybe the connector & pixels are ok ?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
693 Posts
for the minimal cost id give the new ribbon kit a go, it ma be the glass screen part that’s gone but others more knowledgeable than me are likely to direct you to the issue and resolution

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has it had the wrong bulb in there ? Or full of debris & dust ? I can still see the edges of the temperature display either side of the blob, so maybe the connector & pixels are ok ?
No idea honestly, i haven't taken it apart yet, and don't want to until i get some replace parts, but yeah you are right, there's a chance maybe the conector is alright since you can see some pixels under there, do you think there's a chance it might be the bulb?

·
Registered
804 Posts
I would take it out to have a look & clean it before ordering parts. You only need to remove the two side panels to access the HEVAC screws. Remove window switch pack first to make getting side panels off easier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Btw, the spot is still there when the car is off. So maybe the problem is not the connector nor the bulbs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts