RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,I've recently purchased an Evoque and I absolutely love it. I'm still getting used to the quirks of it but have been hearing a weird noise that I didn't hear when driving a partners Evoque company car in the past.The engine seems to make a strange noise as revs are picking up, almost sounds like something is vibrating/loose and I can't tell if it's from the engine or from the rear. I've noticed this in a low gear and when on the motorway and it doesn't sound healthy. It's not the usual struggle noise when you're trying to accelerate in too low of a gear, it's more of that noise + a vibration/rattle that builds up and almost shakes the interior for a second or two before it passes.I really can't narrow down what could be causing it or if it's nothing to worry about at all.It's been to the garage once and I've been told they can't fault it, although not sure what they checked. Could it be the engine? something loose in the engine/bay or underbody? gear issues?Do you have any ideas? All appreciated!Thanks

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
396 Posts
Is it always at similar rpm range and in any gear ? Does it do it when you rev the engine in neutral to the same rev range? One common cause of vibration coming to cabin is bad motor mount - not sure if your car had active mounts - but that is where I would start. take video of it on your phone to show to dealer and take service advisor for drive if it is easy to reproduce ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts