RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 RR Full size 4.4 206k. I took my truck for a drive yesterday (about 10-12 miles) then parked it in the driveway. About 2 hours later, I went to pull it into the garage and it won't start. It cranks fine, there is plenty of gas, no symptoms of anything before parking it. I checked all of the fuses, swapped out the fuel pump relay, tried starter fluid, disconnected the battery overnight and it still won't start.... I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im having the same problem with the same vehicle...... I dont have as many miles but same sytmtoms. Whered you get the relay from????? My next step is to check voltage at relay...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Not claiming it's the sameproblem, but when my fuel pump went on my '05 there were no symptoms leading up to it. Just wouldn't start one day. I installed a BMW X5 pump (same one). and all was good.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had my mechanic friend come by today and he diagnosed it as the fuel pump. There's power all of the way to the pump itself, but we couldn't hear any noise from the pump itself. Funny thing is that I replaced it about 2 or 3 years ago with cheap part from rockauto.com. He said that's why I'm having to do it again....

·
Registered
2007 HSE
388 Posts
I replaced my fuel pump a few months ago, but my fuel gauge still has not properly reset - it almost reads full now when I refuel, but usually slows down for the bottom of the tank. The float is not hung up on hoses.

Is there a trick to resetting the fuel gauge to read properly? So far I've been resetting trip odometer and using mileage to determine when to refill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts