RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont need the cooler and just want to block these ports. The only info I seem to find is for the 1995 serpentine covers and later that apparently have m20-1.5 threads. Just can't find anything that confirms the threads for the earlier cover with vee belts
Any confirmation would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Rodge

·
Registered
1989 Range Rover Classic
172 Posts
What ports are you talking about? The ports on the radiator, or the ones down by the oil filter?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry should have clarified that. It's for the oil filter. Not the ones on the radiator. Im doing a swap and won't be running an oil cooler so I just want to plug the ports

·
Registered
1989 Range Rover Classic
172 Posts
^ what he said. The hoses are attached to a removable disc that can be eliminated, easy peasy. Take off the filter, unscrew the thing in the middle, the sandwich will come off, then just put the filter back where it used to be. The car wasn't originally designed to have an oil cooler, it was an afterthought, hence it's easy to remove.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, I had researched it out and found that there seemed to be some aftermarket kits that seemed to show what looked very similar like a sandwich so yay I went back at and looked at it closer and yep sure looks like that pieces comes out..... I'll pull the filter, nut and button it back up again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts