RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished changing my radiator as the well known little nosel broke of last weekend while inspeciting a leak from the expansion tank. All was well, put in the new radiator filled the expansion tank with coolant and started the truck and it ran fine for about 8-10 min and then the temp gauge began going up past the middle and behaiving erradically. Then it went to redline and I shut it down.

Any idea on why this could be happening??

·
Registered
211 Posts
Disconect the hose at the top of the radiator - fill the engine, fill the radiator, reconnect. Fill expansion tank to line.

Park vehicle so expansion tank is highest point of coolant system, run until warm shut off and leave over night. Check coolant level, add as necessary. Road test on short loop several times to be sure.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Disconect the hose at the top of the radiator - fill the engine, fill the radiator, reconnect. Fill expansion tank to line.

Park vehicle so expansion tank is highest point of coolant system, run until warm shut off and leave over night. Check coolant level, add as necessary. Road test on short loop several times to be sure.
That is exactly what I did. The RAVE instructions seemed inadequate. I didn't park the rover at a backwards incline though :think: . Probably would have made things a bit easier for me....

·
Registered
217 Posts
See how is your viscous fan and if the little nozle in the expansion tank is not blocked, take out the hose from the radiator and try.

When the needle starts climbing do you acelerated to the temperature drop or just let it idling until the red light on?

Regards,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts