RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i was driving my 1993 Country LWB, i had the vent on just blowing air when all the sudden it stopped and then later i noticed my radio wasn't working and when i got home and went to close my sunroof it would no longer work either.

Then today wile driving home from work the EAS was no longer working. i stopped the truck because i was bouncing around like a bobble head doll, in the truck and noticed it was almost sitting on the tires i tried turning the truck off then back on and saw the top and bottom buttons on the EAS controls blink in unison about ten times then stay on.

i have checked all the fuses i can find in the entire truck and also tried the switch under the passenger seat but still nothing everything seems like it should be working fine

is there a common ground that all of these items may share that may have come loose or a bad connection?
or maybe a common connection in the wiring harness that has come loose??

Any ideas please would help this is my daily driver and it cant be driven without the EAS so i at least need it to be fixed the others i can live without!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
sounds like a low battery too me... my alternator belt used to break alot, did you check and see if maybe it came off, and you've been using up the battery? hope this helps.

·
Registered
286 Posts
If the EAS lights are on, the ECU needs to be plugged into a black box to clear the faults.
It will not reset itself.

·
Registered
536 Posts
To erase a fault code from the eas ecu traditionally requires a trip to a 'land rover' mechanic who has software specifically made to erase rr eas fault codes. You can now download this software onto your own computer, and plug your own computer into your rr and erase fault codes and other stuff. I don't know where Parkersburg VW is but I'm wondering if anyone on the forum is close by and would be kind enough to help out?
I don't know the exact URL to Rorey Storey's site, but you can get his software through rovervenovations.com.

There is nothing in common with the earth side of these things. The only thing in common on the positive side is that they're all powered through the terminal stud, i.e., they've got constant power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts