RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice would be appreciated!

95 Country Classic the just this morning started idling rough - by this evening, wasn't sure is was going to get me home! Did stall several times, but started up again (and we did make it home)! Acts like it isn't getting fuel? Replace fuel filter????

Suggestions, Please!!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Have a careful check to make sure no hoses have split or come off and the same for electrical connections.

If all appears well, pull out the spark plugs, preferably just after it has been running and let us know what they look like, wet? Black and sooty? White?

Searching this forum will also provide plenty of information on this type of problem.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And the problem was - an aftermarket rotor. Seems that with this engine, it is critical to use Range Rover parts! Changed it out, and it runs perfect!!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
does he mean the rotor in the distributor?
Yup. I would say so. RRC are known not to like anything but genuine ignition components.

·
Registered
100 Posts
thats interesting... i know my cap and rotor has been changed and i do have an intermittent idle issue. never stall completely but low idle at stop lights sometimes. might look into some better parts... might replace stepper motor too...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts