RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 95 Classic with a 3.9. I drove it home and parked it. I went to start it the next day and it would not start. It would get spark now and again but did not fire up. I got it to fire and it idled for about 2 minutes and stalled. The MAF sensor is disconnected and OB Display is disconnected. I bought a new ignition coil and put it in, still no spark. I tested the wires from the ignition control module, no dice. I tested the wires going to the module and there is nothing. So my question is "Is there a fuse or a relay that could be bad? Where is it? I have no manuals."

·
Registered
665 Posts
"tested" with a digital meter, right? with ignition on, check to make sure you have a good 12V at the coil to ground. also check the ground. with battery disconnected, you can check the resistance in the feed wire. ground to block, gorund to coil also important

if someoen turns the key, have a listen with the gas cap off to make sure the pump runs. pull an injector off and with the meter on AC setting check the wires, should give about 2.5V ac cranking. this will tell you if it's a spark/ fuel/ ecu problem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts