RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2010 RR HSE this afternoon. After plugging in my ipod, it seems as though no information about what is playing is displayed on the TFT screen - only the touch screen. Is this information supposed to be on the TFT screen? Is there a way of getting it on there?

Seems CRAZY that it's not displayed there - as well as phone information. What a waste of space!

Any help here?

Thank you!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am not sure but my guess is that LR is still getting their act together about what can legally be displayed no that screen. In Europe you can even watch a movie while driving, but in the US there are big restrictions on what is within the drivers view. I agree that it does seem ridiculous.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If your is an early build then you may have to wait for a software upgrade in the coming weeks. Check you have the right adaptor though, as mentioned in the post above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a little confused. On the other post, some people say there will be a software update, some say there will not. Furthermore, one said that they bought a new iPod cable (from 2009 and not 2008) and "it" worked. What is "it"? Does this relate to information being displayed on the center TFT?

I'll tell you. If early buyers of an $85,000 car don't have access to a software update such as this, I will be absolutely irate. This is a serious "feature" not merely a small thing that's overlooked. If anyone has more information, please post here. I'm going to call RR and get some answers. It shows CD information being displayed on the center TFT in the operating manual!

Thanks all.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Nobody knows for sure if early build 2010s will be upgradeable via software to the better TFT display functionality of later production, if and when the new features are implemented. I wouldn't hold my breath, but perhaps Land Rover will surprise us. The iPod adapter is a charging adapter for later iPhones (3G and 3GS) and iPod Touch, since the dock provided in the 2010s will not charge these units while they are plugged in (it will interface the attached iPhone with the touchscreen, however. As of right now, the info does not show on the TFT display, only the touchscreen monitor.) The adapter will allow the phone or iPod to charge while it is plugged into the dock.

·
Registered
952 Posts
My 2010 S/C displays my ipod information on the center touchscreen. Actually it's a very informative and navigable way of using my ipod, compared to the idrive in my former BMW. It does not display in the instrument TFT screen. Not sure I would want it there...as it's not a touch screen, I prefer to view the information where I can touch and navigate through it. I give my ipod integration a 9/10 on the new Range Rovers. I'm using the standard cable that came in the center armrest which also charges the ipod.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Its not illegal to display it on the instrument panel, that's how it works on my C63, in fact us C63 owners would rather have it on the touchscreen(or media screen on the C63) with a fuller display instead of the instrument panel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts