RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just joined the group and am looking forward to learning from everyone. Just purchased a 2017 RRS diesil, 53k miles. Never owned an RR before and I must... dang they're nice! Having my 17 yo son decifer all the various features then give my wife and me a tuturial.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congratulations.. Just remember to change the oil when the reminder comes on which will be about every 5000 miles- if not will have problems down the road with the exhaust systems.

·
Registered
451 Posts
He's talking about the diesel fluid by the way. Not the engine oil. (Although I do change mine every 5k miles.) Also, Your vehicle is a sport model with a designation of L494. This forum is for the full sized models, L405. Very similar mechanics, but you may find more in depth info on your vehicle if you need it in the L494 forum. Congrats and best of luck with it.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
157 Posts
Nice vehicle! I have a 2016 RRS diesel with 33K miles and so far so good. Don't know whether you plan on having it serviced by a dealer but in addition to diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) it requires 5W-30 oil meeting Land Rover specification STJLR.03.5005 and regular replacement of the fuel filter as well as the oil filter. No dipstick but the oil level, remaining oil life and DEF miles can be found in the menus.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I had a 16 diesel l494 last year for a few months. I put a couple of thousand miles on it. Was a good truck.

Good luck with yours buddy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts