RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

I am considering purchasing my first rover. I have always wanted one and everything about this vehicle appeals to me. With that being said i am also aware of the reliability issues that follow the Rover brand name.

I am looking to purchase one used:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/ct ... 28639.html

I have been in contact with a local dealer who advised i can bring in a rover i am looking at and for a fee they will inspect it.

What i am seeking is some honest insight from Rover owners. I mean the whole car industry is a crap shoot, every vehicle has its issues. So assuming that i were to purchase a rover that seems to be in good shape, are these vehicles really a curse? I mean i figure it was one of those things where if you service them correctly and on time you will get maybe a leaky hose or bad sensor every once in a while... but some are under the impression you literally have $2,000+ repairs every few months.

I barley drive and i do not hot rod my vehicles. I love to drive though, and i feel like when i have my heart set on a vehicle its the only one that will make me happy.

I have looked into extended warranties as well if i do purchase a rover. So again, please provide me your opinions on this vehicle. I am not rich, so many extensive repairs would be a horrific blow to my income but i do want a rover very badly.

For the price, would a rover around 17k with about 75 - 85,000 miles be worth it? Do these vehicles break down around this amount of use? Is it one of those things where it will last way beyond 100,000 miles if i service it correctly? Would it make sense to purchase an extended warranty service to protect against major malfunctions with the engine, drive train ect.?

I look forward to your comments and thanks for taking the time to read and answer :)

-Will

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Personally I would walk away from that one. A bone stock one that emphasizes service history more than 22" rims would be better IMHO.
I would repost in the mark3 section and see what those guys have to say about it.

Martin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am interested in an HSE. The only problem is most of them are around 18k and have about 80 - 90,000 miles on them

Most of them also are on used car lots and look like lease vehicles that were bought and are now being flipped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts