RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2003 (03 plate) RR Vogue 3.0tdi. Lovely car but badly abused, inside more than outside. So, over time I will be searching breakers and parts dealers for bits, starting with the drivers seat valance.
If anyone can point me in the direction of breakers, I would be grateful.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
If you add your location to your profile, someone local may be able to make a suggestion.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
102 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
Well I guess you are in Britain since you mention a 03 plate and that is British only.
Call my friends at Vogue motors in London, they are fantastic and knw everything.
They are a garage, not breakers but they can help you.
http://www.vogueautos.com/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, many thanks to you all for your help.
Sorry folks, yes, I should have mentioned that I live very close to Plymouth, Devon, UK.
The car was advertised through CarGurus and was described as having no issues, a beautiful vehicle.
Anyway, I had it checked over by the local Land Rover Dealership and they found a lot of rust underneath as well as a couple of things that didnt work; no worries there.
I have had an engineers report done now; wheel arches corroded, some holes and rear subframe corroded, could really do with replacing. These two things are the only problems I cannot deal with myself.
My question now is; do I get the welding done and keep it (better the devil I now know) or sell it to an enthusiast and try to find another? Bearing in mind my age, how much longer will I be driving???

There is a garage in Trowbridge Wiltshire who seems to be doing these types of repairs regularly and say its not a problem. ?
I desperately want to keep it, it has character but, cant seem to get a quote from nearer home. Does anyone know of a retired engineer/welder who has the necessary skills??

Thanks .... fingers crossed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts