RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
My wife and I are coming back to the Land Rover family. We've previously owned three Rovers (2001 Disco, 2004 Disco, 2006 LR3). We're from Boulder, Colorado, but are currently living in New Orleans where I'm attending medical school (second career for me; used to be a software engineer).

I've been enjoying the info I've been garnering here on the forum. Initially we were looking at getting an 04-05, but decided to get an 07-08 instead for better reliability, plus we really liked the Terrain Response system in our old LR3, so I'd like to get that feature back.

Happy holidays to all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally found our Rover - 2008 HSE in Tonga/Sand/Walnut. Changed our mind on a few fronts. Decided against Ivory since it's so light and seemed like it would show wear more. Plus, the richness of the tan just looks classic with dark green. We also opted against the Lux package because I don't like the noise the heated/cooled seats make (I prefer a quiet interior). We found the deal of the century on this 2008 with very low miles and was actually below our price range! This is our fourth Rover and will be a lifelong keeper as this model has always been a dream car for us. Really dislike the newest Rovers (headlights look like something off one of the new Ford Explorers and the "bling-ish" trappings seem more suited to thug rapstars than our beloved blue blood civilized off-road heritage).

Anyway, here's a quick pic of her in the snow and sun - dark green, just like a Rover should be. We've dubbed her "Molly." She's literally mint inside and out. Not a scratch, ding or wear mark of any type.

image-2.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts