Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Davy, unfortunately I am a medically retired mechanic with 43 years experience, serving my time with Land Rover, I stayed with them for 20 years mainly repairing V8 petrol 110 models, including the rare LWB V8 model with leaf springs, anyone familiar with N. Ireland will have an idea where I worked!! I progressed to running my own business maintaining and repairing race and rally cars, but a mountain bike accident ended my career (broken neck, several fractured vertebrae and broken ribs)

· LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
6,067 Posts
including the rare LWB V8 model with leaf springs,
They were called a Stage One in Australia and are still fairly common, both with the 3.5 litre V8 and the 3.9 litre Isuzu 4BD1 diesel (later used in the Australian Army LR Perentie 4x4 (coils) and 6x6 (the latter with a turbo, coils at the front, leaves at the rear).

but a mountain bike accident ended my career (broken neck, several fractured vertebrae and broken ribs)
Hell's Bells, Batman! Not the way to go. I hope you are OK now.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were called a Stage One in Australia and are still fairly common, both with the 3.5 litre V8 and the 3.9 litre Isuzu 4BD1 diesel (later used in the Australian Army LR Perentie 4x4 (coils) and 6x6 (the latter with a turbo, coils at the front, leaves at the rear).

Hell's Bells, Batman! Not the way to go. I hope you are OK now.
Thank you, thankfully I still know what day it is and when I'm able I help out family and friends with small repairs.

· Premium Member
2013 Autobiography RRS 5.0SC...L322 03 Vogue 4.4lt
532 Posts
Welcome back or you really never left them LR that is...glad your okay now Davy, hope you enjoy your stay with us this time around mate.....look after yourself mate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts