RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening!
I've been lurking about for a while and thought the time has come to introduce myself and my Range Rover..

I've had at least one of the Solihull wagons for the last 20yrs and most recently did a bit of housekeeping by selling my V8 90, a classic and a P38A so that I could finally get the cash together to purchase an L322. `)

So, its a 2002 4.4 V8 Vogue with 85k miles on the clock. Oslo blue and cream leather interior. (Photos will follow once I've cleaned it). Its lived most of its life in London. The last owner went a bit mad with the chrome look-a-like accessories and I've taken most of them off.. (Too bling). Currently running on genuine 19" alloys with Goodyear MTR's (superb in the snow we've had recently) but will be going back onto its 20" aftermarket alloys tomorrow as the weather is looking up!.

In the few weeks I've owned it, I've spent a fair bit of time gathering information from the glorious www (Mostly from here, many thanks!) and have:

Given it a full service - genuine filters (air, oil, pollen), Mobil 1 0/40W.
Replaced the broken oil filter mounts. Freed off the vertical adjustment on the steering wheel.
Drained the ZF box, dropped the sump off, cleaned the magnets, replaced the filter and refilled. (More about that later!).
Drained the diffs and refilled.
Replaced the oil seperator pipes and cleaned the cyclone (that 3rd pipe is a hoot to fit! :x )
Upgraded the Sat Nav to MkIV, using a 2010 disc.
Sorted the parking sensors (Front N/S had a broken wire).

The biggest worry has been the autobox - It seemed to be going into "safe mode" after about 20 miles by hanging into lower gears when accelerating and changing down sooner when slowing.. I figured it was time to replace the oil cooler, the pil cooler pipes and the radiator. While I was there, I replaced the belts and major hoses. That seems to have sorted the problem but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. (I might section the old radiator out of curiosity to see if the lower tunes are blocked but it seemed that way when I was swilling water around it).

I've also invested in the Blackbox Faultmate MSV software. (I'd bought the hardware and used it on my P38). I've gone though all of the systems and cleared a bunch of faults which I hope had been fixed previously!

Problems I'm still stumped with:
1. I can hear the sound from a DVD in the Playstation but can't get a picture on the rear screens.
2. I've bought an Xtreme Rovers IPOD lead. (Fitting that soon) and a Reversing Camera for hitching my trailer up.
3. What on earth do the three bongs signify about 10secs after I've moved off from stationary??? (Exterior temp >8degC).

Looking forward to another few years of typical Range Rover ownership !!

Regards,

·
Registered
285 Posts
Welcome DeltaC!

I'm in Cults.

The 3 bongs should be accompanied by a message on the dash. Press the button on the right hand stalk to see if anything shows up.

My registration number is SAM 343.

Give me a wave sometime :thumb:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Last instructions a load of bollocks :oops:

It's the wee black button to the left of the temperature guage you need to push to check for any outstanding fault codes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah.. I'll give that a go the next time it does it.

I am on the other side of the river from Drumak so pass through Cults now and again.. I'll keep an eye out for you. `)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts