RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am new here I have a 2007 range rover sport 2.7 hse diesel just cut off engine tried to towed it home change the fuel pump and there's pressure now from the tank to the injector rail but the nozzles doesn't open to diesel to flow in tried to diagonised it and was showing crank shaft position sensor and I noticed there's no signal from the ecu to open the nozzles can some one tell me what exactly is the problem please

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
713 Posts
Firstly you are on a North American site where no diesel L320 RRS were sold so other than myself and a couple of others with diesels, the knowledge base as far as engines is concerned is all V8 petrol. Try RRSPORT.CO.UK • Index for LR diesel questions.

So what made you think there was a lift fuel pump issue and change it? What about the injector fuel pump?

So you have had the codes read which is great and it shows an issue with the crank shaft position sensor - so this is where you need to start. If the codes did not show up an ECU issue then most likey it is OK and because it is not getting a crankshaft position signal then it will not be sending a signal to open and close injectors.

If the codes are saying look at the crank sensor then that is where you start.

Garry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts