RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum, but I've been lurking (unregistered) for quite some time. Late last year I pulled the trigger on a very clean '06 RRS SC with 19k miles and 5-year/75k warranty that starts from the day I bought it. Other than a few glitches, being a 1st model year it's to be expected, I'm really enjoying it. I'm pretty familiar with the technical side of automobiles. I owned a pretty quick '04 BMW M3 that I did the work on personally. But this is my first LR and indeed my first SUV/4x4... I've searched a bunch and you guys have helped me a lot already, but I'm hoping you can help me get my bearings on a few things that I have not found topics on...

I didn't know to check the suspension/dynamic response resevoir pre purchase. However I was getting a suspension fault + red indicator and eventually found that it was below the min line... Manual pointed me to some LR fluid, so I guess it's a consumer-replacable thing. I filled it and it has stayed at a good constant level. Any reason why a closed (hydraulic?) system would lose fluid? Have any of you guys experienced this? I still get the suspension faults every once in a while.. Takes away the dynamic response. Sometimes restarting the car takes the fault away, sometimes it will persist all day.

Also I know that the DIN to SAE conversion is what rates the European versions at higher HP than us North American guys, but I've heard/seen that they rate the full size/MkIII RR SC a little bit kore powerful than the RRS SC for '06-09 models. What exactly accounts for that difference?

Thank you

cheers
-Alex

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok since I see it's tradition here... Some pictures of my RRS Supercharged:

Excuse the dirty wheels in this one...

Now, someone please help me out, I haven't been able to find this info ANYWHERE! :(

EDIT: High-resolution available.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem very rarely comes up. It also almost always goes away when I recycle the engine....

I live a good 30 minutes from the dealer plus, I can't exactly schedule the fault to come on when I make an appointment. I had them pull any faults from the electronics, but it doesn't seem to store the fault.

·
Registered
521 Posts
MIAMIRRS said:
The problem very rarely comes up. It also almost always goes away when I recycle the engine....

I live a good 30 minutes from the dealer plus, I can't exactly schedule the fault to come on when I make an appointment. I had them pull any faults from the electronics, but it doesn't seem to store the fault.
:( Sorry man, wish I could help ya.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Hi Alex and welcome.

I do not have DR,and maybe someone who does can chime in on how often they have topped it up. 1-2 years time is common for a PAS fluid to be topped off. I had an M3 that needed the PAS fluid topped off every 6 months or so...never could find a leak, it was just that way. Also make sure everything is very clean when you add fluid to the system.

Your car has very low miles for an '06. It was likely sitting quite a bit. IMO systems like the DR and power steering seals tend to leak less when the seals are active and stay lubricated. If you are filling up the system regularly, then you may want to look around for small leaks. If its throwing a fault and the system is full, IDK.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had an E46 M3... Were you a member of E46Fanatics.com? I'm still on there everyday. OT is great. :lol:

It's only happened once since I filled the fluid. It WAS below min line... I've checked for leaks... but nothing.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
No the fluid drinker was an E36. I had an E30 before that, and got off the M3 bandwagon after owning the E46 for a year--was never on the forum though. The E46 was OK...but I only regret parting w the E30.

Since you have the extended warranty, next time after it throws the fault, see the dealer, don't know why they shouldn't be able to retrieve it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts