RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Rover is only blowing hot air on the driver side not passenger side anybody have any idea what is the issue

Jason

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Probably the blend motor. Have you got the book symbol showing on the HEVAC?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
447 Posts
start looking for paullsp38 dash removal and see what your in for possibly

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
There's 3 blend motors, one on the LH side that adjusts the airflow through the heater box so adjusting the temperature on the left, and two on the RH side, one to adjust the temperature and one to adjust where the air is directed to. When you first turn on the ignition, a self test is carried out and if any of the blend motors fail that test, the book symbol comes on and no attempt is made to adjust the one that failed the test. There used to be a wonderful write up on how to get to them and change them but, like all the other useful stuff on this site, has been dumped by the owners when they did their 'upgrade'. I'm surprised someone who registered 4 years ago didn't know about blend motors.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
There's two, sort of rectangular baxes held to the side of the heater box with a couple of pozi headed screws, it's the lower one that deals with the temperature on that side.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I gave up on the blend motors and hooked up an old stiff coat hanger to the lever on the doors - routed it up to the dash - now it's ON or it's OFF. Works a charm.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Except it doesn't, does it Kevin, you have no heat?! Edit: Although, now I see you do...We'll done

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
155 Posts
Check that both blower motors are working. If not, could be the dalingtons are shot on the blower motor, not giving you any speed. The darlingtons are really cheap and easy to replace.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts