RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 RRC, and on the way to BB the heater was working, after a day of boarding got into it and froze my ass off until I was abover 40mph to get some air and heat up the inside.
Here is where I am with the trouble shooting.
1. The C9 fuse has power
2. The realy A/C heat, has no power, there should be a direct connection between fuse and this relay based on the schematic although I could read it wrong.
3. The fuse under the driver seat checks out

I have a Mammoth trip coming up, can I just pull another wire to my relay from teh Fuse (30A) to get me to my trip and by until I figure out what is wrong?

Also when I follow the troubleshooting guide Test A, it shows possible result WLG or B wire, but none of my wires have WLG color to the relay???

Any help would be appreciated, oh and the switch functions fine, so does the heater motor and the A/C as I can hot wire them.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,113 Posts
Hard or soft dash? Could make a difference in what schematic you're using. I'm pretty sure I've seen both, even into the later LWB years. If it's hard dash, then you may want to reference a '92 MY HVAC schematic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 93 LWB as can be seen from my signature. But how do I tell if I have a HARD or SOFT dash?

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,113 Posts
Airbags = Soft dash, has dial type HVAC controls. (They put the Discovery dash into some of the Classics after 92)
No airbags = Hard dash, Has slide type HVAC controls. (The "Classic" dash)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im having a similar issue. Ive got a 95 SWB so soft dash and the fan switch does not work in any position. Fuse all appear good. Is there a relay or something i should be looking for? Hoping its not a fan motor

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
phoenix37 said:
Im having a similar issue. Ive got a 95 SWB so soft dash and the fan switch does not work in any position. Fuse all appear good. Is there a relay or something i should be looking for? Hoping its not a fan motor
You can verify the fan motor by shorting it and just getting it to run. I did this to mine, the motor runs but I don't know why the switch is not working.

Sam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts