1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my heater matrix about 12 months ago with this unit:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nissens-71145-Exchanger-interior-heating/dp/B00CKPYPOK

Bought it on eBay, U.K. But I guess Amazon now has it. It is exactly the same fit as the Land Rover oem and no leaks to date. Even with shipping from the uk it was only $81.00
Citroen XM from 1989 and on used them and also some Peugot models(not sure which ones...)
I know that a lot of people are replacing the matrix with the Audi unit and therefor don't need the o-rings anymore but my original matrix was good for 130k miles so I just did the easiest thing.

Cheers,

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Your last line made the point, the OEM one lasted 130k miles, not an aftermarket one. Also, what kind of hassle would it be to replace it under warranty? The Audi ones are a trip to a local parts store. Rover ones are a fone call to AB etc.
Good luck with it though, and thanks for the heads up

Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,198 Posts
Nissens seems to be a pretty good quality aftermarket. I use them in my Audi heater core conversions, rather than some no-name brand from china!

Not saying the cheaper ones would all fail, but Nissens seem to have a pretty good name, and do a wide range of aftermarket heater cores - all made in Belgium from memory.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I fitted a Nissens radiator a year or 2 ago and it has been very good. Straight-swap and no hassle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replaced my heater core with an Audi one.
No more replacement of failure by design with more failiure prone fixes i.e. o-ring connected heater cores.
Just take the Hella Behr ref. no. 8FH351311621 plus some inner diameter 20mm water cooling tubing. The result is rewarding and no more water games inside your P38. See Photos IMG_20160420_134125.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts