RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the cooling hose replacement kit for my 1992 Classic. All the hoses fit except for the heater inlet and outlet hoses, parts #'s BTR216 and BTR217. My mechanic said these two hoses provided in the kit are 3/8", but the the old ones are 3/4". He couldn't fit the new ones on. I called the supplier, and they said that the hoses are smaller, because they are supposed to "fit snug." They couldn't tell me what the spec diameter for these parts were.

I measured the outer circumference of the old hoses, and they are definitely bigger than the new ones. Does anyone know what the internal/external diameter of these heater hoses are?

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the same problem. The hoses I bought from one of the Land Rover parts suppliers would simply not fit. I eventually made my own and 3/4" ID hose will work just fine. Do some hunting around at your local parts store and you can find some pre-molded hoses. I used a combination of the pre-molded hoses and 3/4" connectors to get all the angles and bends just right. No leaks yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I checked with a number of suppliers, and they said the OEM heater hoses have a smaller internal diameter than 3/4". Some said 1/2" and others said 5/8". They suggested softening the ends of the hoses somewhat with a heat gun or hairdryer in order to get it to fit more easily. I was told that these smaller hoses BTR216 and BTR217 are for VIN numbers after NA435003.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
201 Posts
PB Blaster helps me with hoses. I have had bad luck with some of the aftermarket stuff, if its possible the genuine part is hard to beat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts