RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just completed a heater core change on a right hand drive Rangie. I followed the procedure for the left hand drive vehicle as described on the main site http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetail ... rcore.html and then removed the steering column as per Rave. Not the simpest job but it beats removing the whole unit.
I hope this will be useful to others that drive on the correct side of the road :lol:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Yes indeed, about to dive into 2 where heater cores have gone, did you replace with genuine heater cores or Aftermarket made up ones, agents are made at R6700, what was your total time to do job, Im hiovering around 6-8 hrs at a guess....

·
LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I managed to get a good used core from a low mileage car. The agent quoted R4500 for new which is insane. My one was leaking around the joint where the plastic inlet / outlet part attaches to the core and I am going to have a go fixing it. (photos to follow). Looks like it will be simple. Will attach my pressure tester to it for a few hours and then fit it to one of my cars as a test.
The job took around 8 hours but that was with quite a bit of head scratching while I worked out which way to go. I think I should be able to get it down to 5 or less provided everything comes out as it should. (and you dont discover one of the ducts hiding in the dark after you put the final screw in the facia closing panel and have to dismantle half the car to fit it)
An air saw is very handy for doing the cuts.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts