RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!!

My daughter bought a 2008 Range Rover Sport and our current situation is that the heater is blowing cold air. Let me describe how we got here....

• She bought the rig a few months ago, the seller had replaced the water pump and the thermostat
  • Engine light came on and she took it to Land Rover for diagnostic, they said it needed a new thermostat
  • The same day she left Land Rover it started to over heat
  • I replaced the thermostat again and it still overheated but almost at random
  • I did a little research and found that you have to bleed/purge the cooling system as air can get trapped in there
  • I bled the system and thought this would take care of the cold air from the heater but it did not
  • Car does not appear to overheat anymore but I have not test drove it for very long
  • When I change from AC to heat I can hear the blend doors changing so I know those work
  • The heater core in and out hoses are both hot
I am thinking maybe the heater core??

Looking for my next step in this process?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most likely the heater core. Do a search on the forum. Has happened to many posters. Usually starts with no heat driver's side.
Thank you!

I have a new development.. I have exposed the heater core and have the lines in and out exposed as well and when I touch them after it running a while they are the same temperature..... that tells me it is not he heater core.... only other thing I can think if is the blend doors but I swear they are moving when I go from AC to heat as the tone of the fan/air blowing changes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thank you!

I have a new development.. I have exposed the heater core and have the lines in and out exposed as well and when I touch them after it running a while they are the same temperature..... that tells me it is not he heater core.... only other thing I can think if is the blend doors but I swear they are moving when I go from AC to heat as the tone of the fan/air blowing changes.
The heater core box is partitioned rt and left sides. Do a search and read all the posts. The coolant will flow in and out but not reach the drivers side of the heater core. Cut the lines, replace the core and refit with heater hose to couple the lines back together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Special Ed
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing