RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My heater blower doesn't work but in AC mode the fans work just as they should.

Any ideas why heat is not blowing?

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
If it's a pre '94 hard dash, the heater and AC are completely separate units each with their own fans. Most likely failure point on the heater blower is the resistor that gives you the different speeds. If it's the blower fan itself, then it's a dash and heater unit out job, not fun.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an early 1990, County.

Doesn't the resistor regulate speeds on AC motors as well as heater motors?

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
Good point and the wiring diagram isn't clear either. There appears to be a number of relays that switch the controls between heater and AC. On mine the heater blower motor had seized so setting the blower switch in anything other than the Off position resulted in a strong smell of burning resistor. Putting the heater control in the AC position and switching the fan on meant the AC fans worked as they should. You may have the same problem as mine. Try taking the vent covers off the intake and you can see the fan. If, with it switched on, poke something in to encourage it to turn and it may try to work. If it turns freely the motor is OK but it's getting no power, if it doesn't turn freely, then you have a seized motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts