RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year everyone. I have a 2006 RR HSE and the heater blower stopped working. This happened a few days (not immediately) after I was fooling around with the fuses (in the back and in the glove compartment) hoping to fix the wiper delay that doesn't work. Well the fuses turned out to be fine, but a few days later, the heater blower and the cruise control BOTH stopped working at the same sime. The knobs for the AC, heater, and fan speed all light up but no air comes out.

I've read on this forum that that the final stage resistor or the blower itself (50:50 chance each) could be the problem, but I am wondering if it is something else given the fact that the cruise control also stopped working at the same time as the blower.

I would be immensely grateful if someone can offer insight into this problem.

Anis

·
Registered
951 Posts
The only common power feed that I see is MAXI Fuse 62 which is a 30 A feed that passes thru the ignition switch, but it feeds a ton of other fuses in the fuse panel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much Mark_C. I checked the fuse boxes in the back and in the glove compartment and they only go up to No. 60. Can you give me a sense where is the MAXI Fuse 62 located?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Theres 4 big giant 50 fuses at the end of the fuse block, below those is a single 50 fuse, and under that is a 30A fuse. I believe that 30A fuse is maxi fuse 62. The wiring diagram calls the location as P101 Central Junction Box and its the same location as the regular fuses. But half your truck would be dead it that fuse were blown. The HVAC ECU is fed from fuses 12 and 34, the ECU and cruise control module in the wheel is fed from 9 and 31. Fuses 9, 31 and 34 are fed from Maxi Fuse 62.

Note that I've found the 06's fuse layouts to not exactly match the owners manual layout (especially the rear fuse panel), so check the sticker on the back of the fuse panel cover to make sure which fuse is which.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again Mark_C. Your statement that "if the Maxi Fuse 62 is the problem then many other instruments would not be working" convinced me that the problem is more complicated than I thought. I took it to RR mechanic today and he checked it with a computer.

I was expecting a big diagnostic machine but he just plugged an instrument the size of laptop (but much thicker) under the steering wheel and told me it is probably the final stage resistor. He said that it is unrelated to the cruise control problem. I will bring it back next week to do the work after he orders the part. I hope it works. I have not had this car for too long but it is fun to drive especially because it snows a lot here in Boston.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yeah, its just a PC with LR software on it, I have it as well. I see your in Newton I'm originally from Needham, and was there yesterday, if you get into some problems in the future where you need it scanned I'm there most Sundays I'll bring it down if you need it. Takes about 15 20 minutes to hook it up and run a diagnostic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi folks :)
I have a similar problem with my 05 RR atm. I bought this on 31/03/19 and found out I had a battery drain problem the day after :( lol
Mine seems to be that the little fan behind the heater control unit doesn't switch off when it's supposed to and seems to drain my battery in less than 24 hours. I have pulled fuse number 12 out and the fan stops straight away, so 1 hurdle down, but I need to sort it properly so that I can use the aircon etc as it gets warmer. I have replaced the final heat resistor (yesterday) but it seems to of done diddly squat :( So unless that was knackered before I fitted it, then I understand that the only other culprit could be the wiring harness (which I'm led to believe is Hevac part No YNI500040K). To which I have tried to find where I can buy, but it seems that RR don't make this anymore and thus it's obsolete! :crybaby2:
Can anyone help me out with any info on the above please and maybe someone that has/can make these harness's up?

TIA :thumb:
Glen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts