RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Everyone!New to this forum--just traded my e92 M3 in for a L494 (2015) RRS Autobiography (Black on Brown).Anyway, after driving away from the dealership I noticed that the heated steering wheel button was on the steering wheel. Pressing it didn't seem to make anything in the instrument cluster or the steering wheel indicate that heat was on. It also didn't feel hot. My question is, where is the indicator lamp to show that heated wheel is on--maybe I am just pressing the button too much/too fast and not giving the wheel enough time to heat up. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,425 Posts
It's a really bad design. If the sun is on the steering wheel, you can't really tell if the heated wheel is on or off. You just have to wait to see if the wheel gets warm over time. It's easy to hit the button occasionally cancelling the cruise control.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a really bad design. If the sun is on the steering wheel, you can't really tell if the heated wheel is on or off. You just have to wait to see if the wheel gets warm over time. It's easy to hit the button occasionally cancelling the cruise control.
yes... it sure seems like it. I’m going to try it today to see if I notice any nuanced changes.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
if you flip the main screen over to the Eco dashboard, and its current status page, it shows when it's on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haven’t tried the eco dashboard... Confirmed the above. What is weird is that before I posted here, I read the manual and it led me to believe that a separate amber light would turn on (either in the dash, or a completely different indicator).The light actually illuminates on the indicator itself! That should be more explicit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts