RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive finally had to use the heated front screen, only to find that it works only on the drivers side.

A search on the forums brought up similar items, one reply i found from ray back on the 1-5-06

Stated
Hi. Before you condem the screen here are a few checks. Engine compartment fuse box - fuse 30 & 32. Remove these and swop over. There may be a hairline crack in one of them. Under the fuse box are connectors 574 & 575. Disconnect and check for corrosion. Clean as required. Relays 4 & 5 in the fusebox - remove, check connections and the sockets then swop over. If none of the above cure the problem then disconnect connectors 574 & 575. Measure the resistance between 574 pin3 and earth (battery -ve). Note the value. Do the same for 575 pin 7 to earth. They should be very similar. If not, probably screen faulty. More likely to be corrosion under the fuse box limiting the current to the screen.
Hope this helps

Armed with this information i rushed outside, opened the bonnet and looked inside.

My Questions are, where is the engine compartment fuse box ?
The only fuse box i can find is in the glove box and the heated screen fuses are numbers 34 and 47, with an amp rating of 7.5 and 30. Are these the right ones.

Also how do you open the bonnet passed its normal opening postion, im sure they open more?

Ive got a 2003 TD6

Hope some one can assist.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Your 7.5 Amp fuse is for the Relay and the 30 Amp fuse is the protection for the load i.e the Laminated Heating coil in the glass.

As for putting the Hood in the Service position there are small latches on the Hood hinges you need to use a Flat blade to pop them off the Gas Struts and then open each of the Service clips on each side. YOU WILL NEED HELP supporting the hood or use a Prop. I recommend a second person to help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts