RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i,ve got my exhaust manifolds off at the moment,it was such a pain to remove the heat shields that i am thinking about doing away with the heat shields and fitting heat wrap instead for ease of removal in the future if i need to.What experience have people had with heat wrap on range rover v8 manifolds. thanks.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Some folks have simply ditched the shields all together. Personally I wouldn;t go that far. You should be more than fine heat tape/wrap. I would be obviously be careful with access for the bolts. Some heat wraps are rather thick and could make the bolt approach angle difficult when reinstalling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
there are a lot of products that will work better than wrap, even better than the factory heat shields. the best coatings are the one that go inside the manifold, that way the heat is going out the exhaust and not radiating into the cast iron manifolds. you can search on line for different product or check with your local motorcycle shop, yes motorcycle shop that is how they keep the chrome pipe from fading, but you exhaust manifold will need to be clean . a lot of disco owner has discovered it because they never came with heat shields and the under hood temps are crazy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts