RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

One of the gripes I have with my FFRR is the heat (or relative lack thereof) that the system puts out when it's really cold out (as in +/- 20dF), whereas my wife's '03 Disco, on the other hand, cranks out very hot heat as soon as that temp needle is in the normal zone. I know the cabin volume in my RR is greater, so that has some effect, however the actual temperature of the air being blown from the vents isn't that 'scorching' hot, like it is in the Discovery (and in other cars!). Don't get me wrong, the heat does warm the cabin eventually, but it just seems like it never gets as hot as it should. I'm fairly certain that these rigs have auxiliary water pumps which help to circulate the coolant through the heater core when the engine is idling, and I remember from my Mercedes diesel days that when this pump failed or was failing, you only got hot heat when on throttle, which isn't exactly the problem I'm having with the RR, although I can feel the air temp increase somewhat when I give it throttle versus sitting at idle, so maybe it's a contributor as well.

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same thing with their RR and if a cure was found. I highly doubt my heater matrix is blocked considering how often the coolant gets changed in these trucks what with various cooling system parts exploding, etc..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts