RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i drive a RHD '98 4.6, ive noticed that the heat shield insulation on the underside of the car has deteriorated somewhat. It's the insulation on the body which shields aginst the exhaust, not the exhaust manifold heat shields. Can this be bought new? Does anyone know the actual name/part number? or can it be removed and left off? thanks.

Attachments

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
491 Posts
Plenty of self adhesive automotive heat shield material on the market from the simple relatively cheap aluminium foil type to the more expensive modern higher performance versions that contain ceramic material. Use google, Amazon or eBay to find sheets of the stuff.

Remove old flaking heat shield material, thoroughly clean surface, cut new stuff to fit, remove backing, stick it on, job’s a good ‘un. Simples.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate. yeah I've seen some that look pretry easy to cut to size and just stick on. i reckon that's the go, as the old stuff is flaky and probably losing it's effect. i wonder if it's flammable while flaky? the under bonnet/hood insulation is flammable once flaky and exposed. it burnt really well, so i ripped it out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Its flammable when you have many years of rocker gasket leaks - unfortunately I know this for a fact and fortunately I had the means to extinguish the flames.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
977 Posts
Any recommendation for the flaky bonnet insulation material?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts