RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share a quick bit of info.
Some of the 2017 RRS are being shiped out without the duct connection from the heater/Cooled air unit within seats climate system. This was the case with 2 vehicles at my local LR dealership- one of them being mine. Order numbers were within 1000 cars.
Without the duct connetor from the heater in the seat you won't get heat to your seat OR it will only heat up to luke warm.
I have read somewhere that people have exprienced seat melt in the past if you keep your heated seats on if this duct connector is missing as the heated air is not going to the right spot.

Just and FYI to new owners that may have this going on.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You can use a temperature gun, but honestly you will know. I compared my front seats to my back seats and it was a huge difference.

They opened up the back of the seat and diagnosed the problem quickly. Ordered the duct connector, installed it and ready to go.
Not a huge deal. Big thing is to be careful if you think you have this problem. You don't want to melt your seat from the inside out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow. that's great to know. Thank you for the information.

What do you mean by "Order numbers were within 1000 cars"?
Is there a way to identify the problem based on order number or vin number?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. that's great to know. Thank you for the information.

What do you mean by "Order numbers were within 1000 cars"?
Is there a way to identify the problem based on order number or vin number?
Meaning it may have been a small batch problem. Not sure

·
Registered
212 Posts
Would this issue equally affect the cooling, as well as the heating? I can feel the cool air flowing though the seat and the upper half of the seat back, but there seems to be no air at all from the lower half of the seat back and lumbar area. Is this normal? I personally tend to need it most in my lower-back area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good to know. I was pretty underwhelmed by the seat heating and cooling of the 2017 vehicle I test drove. Maybe (hopefully) this issue was the reason and fixing the duct connection would make the seat heating and cooling performance more impressive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts