RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I just realized that the headliner in my 2003 HSE is sagging in the back. It seems fine upfront, only people in the back seats notice.

Is this really hard to fix? I'd assume the headliner isn't too hard to remove given it is an SUV and it can be pulled through the back of the trunk rather than through a door. I'm more worried about it ripping when I pull it apart to re-glue it.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what was the solution/remedy? An easy DIY?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
528 Posts
I know the search function doesn't yield very prcise results on this sight, but there was once a video or a link to a video of the headliner being removed and redone. I recall it was a pain in the but, certainly requiring two people and a lot of patience as it was hard to manuever/get properly realligned. Maybe try youtube.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You are better off having someone come out and redo it... I had this problem on my P38, I tried the 3M spray on glue and it did not work.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys, it does look like a bit too much for me to tackle judging by the RAVE manual instructions... It would be nice to have a suede headliner too.

Can anyone recommend some shops that could do this on the East Coast?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
112 Posts
Call your local dealer and find out who they use... Or call a high end detail shop to find out a good one to use.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
you're not alone - mine's doing that too.
On the bright side, it's an opportunity if you want to put in something a little nicer up there. I've read that there's a nice psuedo-suede material of different colors/hues that could compliment the interior.

I had my old Ford headliner replaced for about $150. Surely the Rover will cost more, but it can't be too much more.

Check your phone book. I found a few in there, but went with one by word of mouth from someone.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't even think I'm going to bother replacing it, it just sags down to the level of the rear maplight thingie... And I don't ride in the back much haha.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Stunning, isn't it? Land Rover had this problem starting with the Classic, and they still havn't sorted it out. Just like water leaks on Discovery's. :roll:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really like the 2010 headliner with the rear vanity mirrors. Now I'm sure this won't be cheap, but is it possible to swap the 2003 headliner out in favor of the 2010 one?

Thx,

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts