RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it finally happened- the headliner in the back above the rear seats is starting to sag, and the sunroof shade cover is completely shot. It all happened at once, right around the car's 11th bday- almost like the glue had an 11 year life and then gave out. How much does it typically cost to have a headliner replaced? I'm probably selling the car in a year or so, and this could be a critical item to repair.

Thanks in advance,
-IH

·
Registered
250 Posts
I paid $300 to have mine done earlier this year.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi guys,

Out headliner has let go as well, I guess it's off to the auto trimmer to have it stuck back on. I don't think that it'll cost too much for a few hours of labour and glue :dance:

Cheers,
Mick.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Just to give you an idea of cost, the genuine headliner is about £200GBP. Don't know if you are including the actual sunroof blind with this though. That's extra.

I'd give 2 hour's labour maximum to get it finalised - maybe 1 hour for a competent garage.

Free if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was up the road at "Leftlanetruckin's" this past weekend to help with a leaky air bag, his lovely partner had recently had a headliner replaced for him for ( I believe ) $325.00. This included all material and the guy went as far as to re-cover all the pillars as well. Beautiful job, looked factory fresh. I'll be getting on to him soon as my headliner is fast resembling the interior of a Bedouin tent.

Chris.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Invalidsession said:
I was up the road at "Leftlanetruckin's" this past weekend to help with a leaky air bag, his lovely partner had recently had a headliner replaced for him for ( I believe ) $325.00. This included all material and the guy went as far as to re-cover all the pillars as well. Beautiful job, looked factory fresh. I'll be getting on to him soon as my headliner is fast resembling the interior of a Bedouin tent.

Chris.
agreed chris, she made an excellent choice! :thumb:
new genII's are due tommorow (thursday) so i will save the bags you baught up here when i get a chance to swap them out mate!
thanks again for the hand!

martin

·
Registered
212 Posts
I took the shell out myself, and a shop in town replaced the liner for $95. They said it would normally cost about $300-$350. It took me about 90 minutes to get the shell out, and about an hour to get it back in.

-Coach

1 - 7 of 7 Posts