RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started to refurbish the headliner. Will be posting pics as I progress. I know this has been done before but thought you all might be interested. So watch this space.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Food for thought as I just did my first HL on any vehicle.....take some masking tape and a sharpie and mark all pieces as they come off, use a 5 -in -1 paint tool available any Hd or lowe's etc. ....its perfect for getting behind all the trim so you don't break the plastic clips! Only use the 3M adhesive, the cheaper ones you will regret using! If you have broken clips ( I had several from the P.O.) Hd and Lowe's sells a plastic 2-part epoxy in a circular plastic tube. Looks like putty that your roll around in your fingers to mix the 2 parts. This is perfect for re-setting the clips back onto the plastic. Make sure you don't cover the spring part of the clip when doing this as it wont go back into the slots......find the posts here about the method most preferred when putting on material......starting in the middle and then rolling out sides and the ends.....
Mine came out Pretty Good for the first go round. I also used a thin vinyl for the sunroof slider as it's really tough to get a factory edge on the plastic slider. Looks fantastic and works and slides great.
Good luck, mine was sagging badly as the P>O used a heavy black vinyl and it looked miserable.
**** I also wish I had bought a wider that the standard 5 foot HL material ( they sell it wider but only found it on-line) as it's near impossible to make the full width with standard size....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts