Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover P38A
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
There were some recent thoughts on headliner fixes, just for fun sharing my project over the last couple days,
Step one - take all the attachments out, some are a little bit confusing at first but altogether it is simple
Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire Vehicle Plant

Make sure you take of the plastic posts at the back and front, I left the center post with seatbelts attached and was able to flex the headliner out
Human body Wood Sculpture Artifact Fawn

it brushed up nicely with some spots a little imperfect, so I used a paint with texture to hide the imperfections
Road surface Plant Grass Asphalt Groundcover

I did the reinstall by myself, but I recommend a second set of hands, a little tricky, and I am happy with the result, no fabric liner to fall on anyone's head again, lol
Mirror Car Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is just an interior spray paint with a white fleck in it for texture, not a perfect match but is ok with the interior black accents

·
Registered
355 Posts
I am doing this very project as we speak.

It was surprisingly easy to do.

The headliner, the backing rather, is now resting on my lawn.

The old glue was mostly dust, for remove just use a brush.

Now I am trying to locate the right color headliner.

The A/B pillar covers were disgusting. Remove the felt(?) coating it had with gasoline. I will probably just paint it with matt primer to give it a nice textured finish (see pic).

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes perfect, and to those asking a stiff brush takes off most of the glue, some was a bit sticky, came off best with just balling it up with my hand, fortunately there was not ot much, the brush on a drill did not work, cheers

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
101 Posts
This may go against conventional wisdom but a garden hose makes easy work of getting all the old glue off. No hours of brushing required, no clogged up balls of sticky mess all over the floor.

Garden hose with slight pressure (do not use a pressure washer) leave it in the sun for a day or 3 to dry. Done.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Interesting. Many years ago there were adverts for a spray on flock finish. You could get a dash re flocked that had been bleached by the sun. Mainly in the States I recall. I don't think I have seen any adverts recently. That would be an option for the headling instead of trying to glue a new fabric.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I like the idea, looks good too.
Was/is there any residual smell or fumes to deal with? I remember someone spraying the inside of a mk3 Cortina roof many years ago and it stank for months afterwards!

·
Registered
157 Posts
View attachment 302207

Gallon, I'm positive you've got my old P38. That sticker under the cubby, I had that made and placed on there after I saw it on some early UK models, but not on any US models. Of course, I regret trading it in. It's the white one with black lettering and rear lamp guards?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds like a good idea did you just leave the seat belt pillars only and take the ones near the windscreen off ? I know what you mean about the state of the covering on the pillars I'm going down the paint route myself

1 - 14 of 14 Posts