Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
148 Posts
Hey a fellow Perth member.. Cool :D

By the looks of things the door locking mechanism will have to be removed. You may be able to get away with just squirting some WD40 or CRC in there to hopefully clean the contacts.

If you need any EAS resets let me know. I've got the reset tool and software and cable :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Shadow Keeper said:
If you need any EAS resets let me know. I've got the reset tool and software and cable :D

Errr scratch that I see you have your own :thumb:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Tonys said:
Would I be correct in assuming that, if by spraying the door locking mechanism to clean the contacts is not sucessful, do I need to replace the entire door locking mechanism? :pray:

Cheers, Tony
Thankfully I have not had the misfortune of anything going wrong with my door locks so I haven't had the need to pull anything apart yet.. I assume if the lock had to be pulled out then perhaps the offending parts could be cleaned more thoroughly. Rave doesn't show the part in enough detail and unfortunatey Barbagello's/ other shonky dealers prefer to replace parts and not do what in essence could be a simple fix eg. They quoted me $4000.00 to fix an EAS problem which I fixed for around $250.00. If I find any more info I'll let you know :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.