RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why my headlights turn off when I disable the high beam assist? I have the headlights set on AUTO, and when I'm driving at night or early in the morning the high beams come on automatically but when I turn off the high beams, my headlights turn off......

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Please add your Rover's info to your signature as noted in the forum guidelines.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just figured that out. Thanks. If it doesn't show with this reply, it's a 2012 RRS GT Limited Edition

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
This isn’t making sense with info provided. If your selector is in “auto” make sure that your turn signal lever isn’t pushed forward engaging the high beams as I believe this overrides the automatic high/low. If you select just headlights not in auto do you have high/low?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turn signal lever is not pushed forward. So, i have the headlight selector switch set to auto, in my vehicle settings the high beam assist is on. I've noticed the past two days now, that when I start driving the high beams will come on automatically and will turn off when it "sees" the headlights of another vehicle coming at me. Then back on again. When I access the vehicle settings to turn off the high bean assist, it ends up turning off my headlights. I try to cycle the headlight selector knob to off, then back to auto but so far have noticed that they won't come back on unless I re-select the high beam assist. I know it reads weird, and am ready to say its a Range Rover thing and just leave the high beam assist on. Doesn't really affect me. Just curious about this.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
39 Posts
Do you have a toll road/gate transponder or barcode sticker of any kind on your windshield near your rearview mirror? I had one too close to the light sensor in the LR4 and it caused my auto lights/highbeams to behave in weird ways.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had moved my work parking tag (hangs in that area) and looks like things works fine. Thanks

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
39 Posts
Glad that was it! Cheapest Land Rover / Range Rover repair ever!! :dance:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts