RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious as to how the headlight wipers work? I can not find a switch on the dash that is specificaly dedicated to the headlight wipers. I turn the windshield wipers on and get out of the truck and watch the head lights and no movement. I waited quite a while becasue I heard that the headlights wiped once every 3 or 5 windshield wipes - but I waited for at least 30 windshield wipes with no headlight wiper action.

Is there a common fuse or electrical failure?

I am new to the Range Rover sophisication - I spend most of my time wrenching on old Series trucks.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
headlights must be on, and I think it's only when washing as well, the rear windscreen wiper goes every other time the windshield does (when on).

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Headlights must be on and then they only operate every other wash cycle of the windscreen washers. At least that's what the owners manual says. 8-|=

·
Registered
327 Posts
Headlights must be on and then they only operate every other wash cycle of the windscreen washers. At least that's what the owners manual says. 8-|=
Ok tried all alternatives:
lights on wipers on spraying water to windshield front and rear window, I can hear the humming sound, however, no headlight wiper blade movement. No, they are not improperly adjusted not binding, just no movement. Fuses are fine. Waited for every 3rd movement of wiper blades---nothing.
Help I would like to be able to see them work so I can use them...

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
The humming may be the headlight washer pump or it could be the motors turning but if the motors were turning I would expect the wipers to move. As said, if the headlights are on and you use the windscreen washers, not just the wipers, but the washers, on every other operation of the windscreen washers, the headlamp washers and wipers should operate. I know mine do as I can see the flickering from the headlights as the blades wipe across them. You ideally need someone else in the car to operate the windscreen washers so you can crawl under the front and see where the humming noise is coming from.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys,

I just bought a L322 Vogue.
It has been refused at the technical check because the headlights wiper was not working.
Same on both sides.

I turned the headlights on, used the windscreen wipers, spray many times.
No movement on the headlights wipers.

I checked the fuse, it is OK.
The blades are very old and cracked. It seems this wiper has not been working for a long time.

Do you have a clue on how to diagnose the issue ?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
359 Posts
Headlights need to be on, and the headlight wipers/washers go on automatically when you press the windscreen washer button.

·
Super Moderator
2,078 Posts
That's how they work on a P38, is it the same on an L322 (as he's resurrected a thread from the wrong forum)?

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's how they work on a P38, is it the same on an L322 (as he's resurrected a thread from the wrong forum)?
Thanks guys. I managed to make it work on the L322 Vogue.
I had to : turn the lights ON ; spray washer on the windscreen.
It sprays once, wipes and does not do it again until the lights are turned off and on again.

Maybe some adjustment on the central computer unit ?!

Problem solved for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts